!!! Demo 2.1 !!! Walkthrough Now Available! !!!
Like us on Facebook! [link] for more updates. (17 or older)
Lain's Horrible Adventure (formerly known as Lain's Shitty Game) is a novelty action RPG I have been working for over a year now using RPG Maker VX
. It revolves around my character Lain Claes
and her experiences in whatever the fuck I come up with at the time. This is the 2.1
release! This demo starts from the beginning and proceeds just as far as Demo 2.0, the previous release, but with more bug fixes, features, and side quests.
This demo will also feature cheats, which I will release periodically on the official Lain's Horrible Adventure Facebook Page
. The secret location to input the cheats will be revealed through a clue later this week.
This post is both a preview and a chance for all of you to help me debug it. Anyone who finds and reports a real glitch or error will be have their names added to the "Beta Testers" section of the credits and will have the opportunity to make a sprite and have it put into the game (if it's on par quality wise with the in game sprites. Not all sprites may be featured. Sending me a sprite doesn't guarantee I can use it.)
Please keep in mind that the game is NOT RATED and would probably rate around T - M if the ESRB gave two shits and a fuck. Expect foul language and talk of violence and perversion. BY DOWNLOADING IT YOU CONSENT TO BEING SUBJECT TO THE MATURE CONTENT. And also flashing lights and stuff ...Please note that the program I used to make it, RPG Maker VX by Enterbrain, is NOT compatible with Macs. So sorry, Mac users. I couldn't find a fix for this. If you're a Mac user, and would like to try to run it, please let me know if you succeed!
It comes in a .zip compressed file that you must open with an extraction tool, like WinZip, ExtractNow, or I think Windows 7 can just open it.
PLEASE READ THE "READ ME" FILE. IT WANTS TO BE READ AND MUST BE APPEASED.
(about 126 MB) (MATURE CONTENT WARNING)It should download immediately from the "Now Leaving DA" page after you click on the "continue" link. You can also right-click and "Save as" on the "continue" link.It's on our official Wikia, page, which is totally under construction at this time, but we've got the guide up, at least.
POST ALL COMMENTS AND DEBUGS HERE ON THIS JOURNAL OR SEND ME A NOTE.
When posting errors or bugs, please look over the other posts on this journal to make sure it hasn't already been reported. We don't need any double-posts. Also indicate whether you started a new game or transferred your old Demo 1.0(or 2.0) save file.
Well, THANK YOU, EVERYONE!
Supah Short Credits:
- Writing, Programming, Art direction, pixel editing, a little music
- Title art, scene art, Lain's face set
- Pixel art, some music
Michael P - Music
And lots of internal RPG Maker VX resources and custom sprites from here
Full credits available in-game!
Debuggers Demo 1:
Debuggers Demo 2:
Debuggers Demo 2.1:
1 HP Hero (Demo 2):
(For beating all of World 4.5 with just 1 HP)
Official Let's Plays:
- ✔ Visual glitch on one of the trees in Chapter 3. It looks like it's cut in half. (Found by ~burnt-sonic.)
- ✔ One of the tea sets in the Factory likes to act up when you activate it. I took that punk down. (Found by ~burnt-sonic.)
- ✔ Lain totally thinks that a bed is some books and stuff on a table. Fixed, but she's not convinced. (Found by ~burnt-sonic.)
- ✔ There's some stray blood on a 4.5 hallway that shouldn't have any blood on it. We cleaned it off. (Found by ~burnt-sonic.)
- ✔ Another messed up tree in World 2. It looks like it's cut in half. I might now looking into a REAL Lumberjack who may or may not be effing with my programming. (Found by ~burnt-sonic.)
- ✔ Typo in the town. Luke thinks "Arfraid" is a word. He meant "Afraid," I promise. (Found by ~wildblackroze06.)
- ✔ Typo in the Lumberjack's house. "Keys" should be the contraction, "key's." Fixed! (Reported by someone through our Facebook form.)
- ✔ During the zombie apocalypse, if you enter the ruined house, it keeps on raining. Now it doesn't. (Found by ChromosomeExcel in his Let's Play.)
- ✔ During the zombie apocalypse, there's a table blocking a path. If you talk to it from one side, the dialogue doesn't make sense. Fixed! (Found by ChromosomeExcel in his Let's Play.)
- ✔ A gated fence doesn't act right when approached from the side after opening the gate. Now you can't walk through it! All better. (Found by ~burnt-sonic.)
- ✔ After defeating the first boss, going to the small novelty world map outside of the town can caused you to get stuck there. Forever. This has been thankfully fixed, but if it becomes a problem, then there might be a 2.2 bug fixer demo coming up soon.(Found by ~Bunnairry.)
- ✔ In world 4.5, the "Internal Chamber" according to the walkthrough, traveling to the right of the hole at the end of the room and then up along it can cause the game to freeze.(Found by ~NephilV hurr.)
- Anything in the known bugs section with a ✔ before it!
- A wikia page!
- Updated scene art in the new style to match the title screen! This may be shown in a 2.2 patch very soon, actually.
- Lain's sleeves, which start on black at the arm and end on white at the hand, will ALL be updated to the reflect that. Currently, the sprite sleeves are reversed.
- Story extension! Chapter 5 will be in demo 3.0!
- More music! I'm talking with two more possible music sources to further diversify the soundtrack!